Ajisen Ramen - Mango Milk Tea

Restaurant Name: Ajisen Ramen
Address: 1190-4380 No. 3 Road, Richmond BC (Parker Place Mall - back entrance facing Hazelbridge Way)
Payment Options: Cash, Debit & Credit

I am no stranger to Ajisen Ramen. As a matter of fact, I've been there a few times for some ramen and share plates... but never for bubble tea. I always thought it was a bit strange that this little funky japanese restaurant in Parker Place features bubble tea in its menu. Although there are less than 10 flavours to choose from, I figured I would give it a try or else I will always be curious.

Ajisen Ramen logo on napkin 

Ambiance [rating:5]

The bold hot pink color coats the restaurant walls and dresses the cushioned seats in style. Aside from the crazy bright color, amusing sumo wrestler wall art adds to the funky atmosphere at Ajisen. Looking around the restaurant, it is obvious it is a popular place among youth and young families.

Interior space 

Drinks [rating:1]

Mango Milk Tea  My tea arrived in a regular to-go plastic container with a flat lid and straw on the side. The plastic cup was very plain and generic and the colour of my drink, very dull. There was no excitement felt upon getting this drink at all. In one word: boring. After taking a sip, it was worse. The powdered mango flavor was not sweet enough to be a sugar rush powder milk tea drink that would often satisfy my sweet tooth. On top of that, I didn't taste much of the mango either. Maybe the measurements were all wrong or perhaps the supplier where they get their bubble tea from just has a horrible mango flavor. I do NOT recommend this drink. It was too difficult to even drink half of the glass.

Mango Milk Tea 

On a slightly more positive note though, I do find it intriguing that they have a few flavors for the bubbles/jelly. I did not try it this time but I may give them one more shot just because I am curious about the lychee flavored jelly.

Bubble tea menu 

Service [rating:3]

Our server was very friendly. Strangely enough, she was also quite timid. We did not get superb customer service but she didn't mess up our orders either. Overall, it was a nice, quiet late dinner.

[rating:overall]

Although Ajisen serves delicious ramen, this is not the case for bubble tea. I may have paid only $2.99 for my milk tea without pearls since I ordered a menu item, but it is still not worth it. I think they should consider expanding their menu, changing their drinks, or completely getting rid of bubble tea from their menu.

0 comments: